Monday, January 19, 2015

I want to be Your Dream Home!

Acts 2:2, I Corinthians 3:16-17, 6:19-20, Romans 12:1-2

Precious Holy Spirit,

I want to be Your dream home.  I offer my body as Your temple to indwell.  I remember dreaming about a dream home.  I dreamed with my spouse about a place that would be our retreat.  It would be a space filled with love, memories, relaxation, and rest.  It would be a place to which we could retire when the “world was too much with us.”  Without the love of our family and friends, our dream home would simply be another house.  But when filled with love, joy, laughter, friendship and faith, our dream home became a place to nurture both body and soul.

Thank You for Your dream to indwell me.  May thoughts of filling my body as Your temple excite and bless You.  I want to be a place where You can dwell.  I want to be a holy temple that You fill.  I want to be Your dream home.  On the day of Pentecost, You filled the house where the disciples were sitting with a mighty rushing wind.  I imagine my body as a house.  Holy Spirit, blow Your breeze through me.  Fill me.  Inhabit me.  Possess me with Yourself.  I imagine my house with a basement, a first floor, and a second floor.  Fill them all!

The basement makes me think of my base physical desires, drives, and instincts.  I have them, but I don’t want to be controlled by these physical appetites.  I want You to control my body and my base desires.  Fill the basement of my life with Your mighty rushing wind.  Blow into me and fill and cleanse each appetite.  My desire for work, my possessions and need to accumulate more, my sex life, hunger, thirst, desires for pleasure, my needs to control the future...  Fill each with You!

Then let Your wind blow into the first floor of my life.  I live with my family on the first floor.  I exit the first floor to enter the marketplace, where I rub shoulders with real people with real problems.  Fill my relationships and social needs with Yourself.  Fill me with You, so that my primary relational needs are met in intimacy with You.  Then, empower me to live out my marriage, my parenting, and all of the relationships of my life through the fulness of Your wind that is filling me with all of the fulness of God.

Now, Holy Spirit, let Your wind fill the second floor of my life.  I surrender my hopes, dreams, plans, longings, aspirations, goals, ambitions, and dreams to You.  Fill me to the eaves and attic with all of Yourself.  Blow!

I am Your dream home.  Indwell.  Fill me full of You.  May Your fulness make all the difference in how I live my life.

Thank You Holy Spirit for blowing the breath of God into me,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment