Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Faith

Isaiah 35

Dear Jesus,

I have known people of great faith.  I want to be one of them.  I have known people who faced impossible odds, yet persevered.  I have known people who ignored the hopelessness of what they knew and saw, fiercely trusted You, and moved forward in sheer faith and obedience.

I remember when You called me to a new assignment, very few had faith to believe that these doors would remain open.  Yet, You ignited such an undeniable passion and vision in my heart, that it was obvious to me that You wanted the institution, and You wanted it to move forward by grace through faith.

Obstacles arose to discourage the faith You were fanning into flame in my spirit.  Fear and doubt are chief among them.  Fear quenches the fire of faith when I indulge the gaze with eyes of sight rather than focusing upon the steady gaze of faith.  Circumstances challenge faith.  Doubt questions and obscures what faith has revealed.  A quest to be data driven, rational, and assessment oriented must not be allowed to be positioned as an enemy of faith.  You reveal Yourself to us through all of these means; they are not the enemy.

When tasked with a great challenge, someone told me that they had given up on that enterprise because they could not see a path forward.  I questioned them, “What is it called when we cannot see a path forward, yet assured of a Divine imperative in our soul, we step forward into an unknown?” That is obedient faith.

Faith is obedience in action.  Faith sees Your Finger of Direction pointing to the unknown path of obedience and takes the first step.  Faith embraces Your assigned route of travel, which is always the Highway of Your Holiness.  Faith monitors the journey with a Divine GPS, the Witness of the Holy Spirit.  Your roadmap is the inerrant and inspired Holy Bible.  Your fuel is the oil of Your Holy Spirit’s Presence and Anointing.  You are the Light of the world and the light of my way.  You are the Bread of Life who feeds my soul.  Holiness is Your rest of faith for the weary traveler.  Eternal rest is promised at the end of the road in Your Presence in the New Jerusalem–Heaven at last.

Teach me the walk of faith.  Teach me the destiny of faith.  Teach me to overcome the obstacles to my faith.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment