Thursday, January 29, 2015

A SLAVE’S SONG

by John E. Neihof, Jr.
May 30, 2006


I once was a slave to sin, enchained without and within.
My bondage was great, make no mistake, I was lost in sin and shame.
My darkness turned to despair–I found no hope there.
Jesus came by and He  heard my sad cry, and He answered my prayer.

My newfound joy was such; I love Jesus so much!
I praised His dear name and I shared the same with my friends at home and church.
But then some despair, I sensed something there–
A double-mind, and inward bind, a conflict was at work.

I struggled with this divide.  I needed Christ’s new mind.
I saw in the Word hope for my need; the Spirit in fulness could come.
He called me to give my all in answer to His call.
I surrendered my part, He cleansed my heart, and the Holy Ghost did fall.

No longer a slave to sin.  I said, “Jesus, come in.”
He saved my soul and He made me whole–No longer a slave to sin.
He asked me to be His love slave.  My all to Him I then gave.
Surrender complete.  His Presence is sweet.  I’ll be a love slave to Him.  
I’ll be a love slave to Him.
I’ll be a love slave to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment