Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hear me!

Matthew 5:23-24, 6:12-15, Mark 11:22-26, Hebrews 11,

Precious Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,

I want to pray prayers to which You attend.  I want to pray prayers that You can actually hear.  Your word indicates that my heart must be congruent with the heart of God if my prayers are to be effective.  Align my heart with Yours.  Fix my intention and motivations toward You and You alone, and hear my prayers.

Help me to remember that great praying is not about changing You.  Rather, it is about changing me. Change me.  Make me like You–holy, clean, loving, merciful, just, compassionate, patient, kind, forgiving, faithful, bold, visionary, courageous, and creative.  I want to be like You.

Your Word provides me with guidance in prayer.  You give me laws of prayer that make for effective praying.  The first law is faith.  You tell me in Your Word that “without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a Rewarder of those who diligently seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6).  Defeat my doubt.  Strengthen my faith.  Mountains of physical illness, addiction, failure, sin, and family conflict loom in our lives.  I bring my mountains to you.  I accept Your guidance.  Remove the mountains of my life.

You provide fervency as a second law of prayer.  Help me to believe Your faithful promises and to receive the fruit of Your promise in my life.  I choose to endure in hope before You.  Strengthen my fervency when I am tempted to give up.  Give me grace and faith to accept Your will.  Help me to subscribe to You rather than prescribe You in prayer.  You are not my servant to perform my bidding. Rather, I am Your servant and will listen to Your call and obey.

Forgiveness is Your third law of prayer.  You are reminding me that I must have a heart like Yours to have truly effective prayers.  Unforgiveness erects a barrier between us.  You long to fellowship with holy people.  You need like-minded worshipers if You are to enjoy maximum communion with the created.  A forgiving heart is an essential prerequisite for You to hear and answer my prayers.  As I receive the cleansing of forgiveness in my own heart and life, I can be a clean conduit of grace to distribute the gift I have received from You.  I will only enjoy Your forgiveness as I continue to give it away.  I choose to give and receive Your grace.  Thank You.

Thank You for Your sacrificial death and atoning sacrifice for me that gives me freedom.  Thank You for the cross that purchased my forgiveness, adoption, and transformation by Your grace.

Thank You Father God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment