Saturday, January 24, 2015

God of the Impossible

Genesis 17:15-18:15, 50:20, Psalm 136, Joshua 1:5-7, Daniel 6, Matthew 19:26

Dear God,

Impossibilities loom like mountains in the distance.  Sometimes, I feel like I am lost in mountains of impossibility.   You are no stranger to apparent impossibility.  You are the God of the impossible.

You promised Abraham and Sarah a son.  They did everything they could to manipulate the process.  You had to perform a miracle and open the childless womb of a ninety year old woman.  You are God of the impossible.

Joseph was betrayed by his brothers and sold into slavery.  Imprisonment, interpretations of dreams, and subsequent prophecy revealed his character.  You took a series of events that had been intended for evil, and brought beauty and good out of them.  You are God of the impossible.

Moses faced the impossibility of the Red Sea.  The looming sea in his path and Pharaoh’s encroaching forces to the rear created an impossible situation; but You are God of the impossible.  

Joshua faced the impossibility of the Jordan River.  The flooded Jordan, some priests carrying the ark of the Covenant, the Hebrew people, an inviting Canaan, and a God of promise triumphed over the apparently impossible.  You are God of the impossible.

An aged Daniel, prayer warrior and Godly leader, faced an impossible decree seeking to bar him from prayers to You.  Condemned to the lion’s den, You shut their mouths and an unharmed Daniel emerged to Your praise and Glory.  You are God of the impossible.  

If You are the God of the impossible for these, surely You are the God of the impossible for me today.  I have worked, prayed, trusted, and sought to take the path of obedience to which You directed me.  I have seen miracles along the way, for which I praise You, but today, the mountains of impossibility are looming largely.  I feel lost and trapped in impossibility.  

I need a miracle from You.  You said, “With me this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”  I need the God of the impossible to show up.  

I love You.  I trust You.  I believe You.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment