Tuesday, November 10, 2015

"The Lamb is the Light!"

Revelation 21:22-23 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.

God of Light and Glory,

I worship You. You created light on the first day of Creation. You place an eternal priority on light. Your Son, Jesus, declared, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life" (John 8:12).

Darkness surrounds me.  You shatter the darkness with the radiant Light of Your Presence.  Your Light grants me wisdom, insight, direction, knowledge, discernment, judgment, and understanding. Barclay wrote:  "Only when we see things in the light of God, do we see things as they are. Some things which seem vastly important are seen to be unimportant when seen in the light of God. Some things which seem permissible enough are seen to be dangerous when seen in the light of God. Some things which seem unbearable are seen to be a path to glory when seen in the light of God" (William Barclay in The Revelation of John, vol. 2, 1959, p. 276).

Illuminate my world with Your Light.  Help me to see accurately Your Reality, as You shine Your radiant Light into my reality.  As the angel swept John up into a vision of the New Jerusalem, sweep me up into You, where Your Light shines clearly.  

I am faced with decisions where right and wrong are difficult to discern.  Shine Your Light, Lamb of God.  

I am faced with problems that I don't know how to solve.  Shine Your Light, Lamb of God.

I am faced with interpersonal conflict and misunderstanding.  Shine Your Light, Lamb of God.

I am faced with pressing issues that seem large to me, which in light of eternity, may actually be small and insignificant.  Shine Your Light, Lamb of God.

I have lost loved ones who do not know Jesus as their Savior.  Shine Your Light, Lamb of God.

I have friends and associates who claim Christ, but are living sterile, self-centered lives.  Shine Your Light, Lamb of God.

I live in a sin-darkened world, where I long for hope and deliverance in You.  Shine Your Light, Lamb of God.

When You shine, I can see.  When You illuminate my path, I can step.  When You reveal Truth, I can believe.  

You can certainly blind with the brilliance of Your luminosity.  You expose beauty and luster with the glare of Your Light.  You glow with welcome and warmth.  You dazzle with dawn.  You delight with dusk.  You are Light.

Shine on me.  Glow in me.  Reveal through me.  Light of the World, illumine me.

In the Name of the brilliant, blazing Light--the Lamb of God,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment