Friday, November 6, 2015

A Greater House!

Zechariah 2:1-5  Then I raised my eyes and looked, and behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand. 2 So I said, “Where are you going?”
And he said to me, “To measure Jerusalem, to see what is its width and what is its length.”
3 And there was the angel who talked with me, going out; and another angel was coming out to meet him, 4 who said to him, “Run, speak to this young man, saying: ‘Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls, because of the multitude of men and livestock in it. 5 For I,’ says the Lord, ‘will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.’”

Haggai 2:9 "'The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former,' says the Lord of hosts. ‘And in this place I will give peace,’ says the Lord of hosts."

Dear God,

I hold these promises from Your Word as precious jewels.  I keep them very close to my heart.  Both of Your prophets, Zechariah and Haggai, are describing the restoration and rebuilding of Jerusalem and Your temple on Mount Zion.  Both are talking about worshiping You.

You have blessed these promises to me for Wesley Biblical Seminary.  Zechariah's vision of the unfortified Jerusalem and Your promise to "be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst" gave me reassurance for WBS when we sold our building where we had been located since 1999.  I sense Your promise to be our protection and indwelling Presence as we embark on an adventure of being a "Seminary without Walls!"

We are preparing to move WBS to the East Wing of our sixteen year location, but we are now renters.  I am clinging to Your promise that just as You promised Your "glory in her midst" for Jerusalem, You are the "glory in the midst" of WBS, a "vine of Your planting."  We must have Your glory resting upon us.  

And today, I read the promise of greater glory, from Haggai.  Haggai was longing for a new temple in the broken down city of Jerusalem.  Returning from captivity, the desolation was haunting.  You promised Haggai a temple of greater glory!

I need Your greater glory!  Wesley Biblical Seminary needs Your greater glory!  Without Your glory resting upon us, we are simply another school talking about lofty and impractical ideas.  With Your glory, hearts are being transformed and set aflame with Your holy love to evangelize lost souls, lead believers into the deeper life of Christian holiness, and make disciples in every nation.  The ideas and ideals proclaimed in our classrooms become aflame, transforming every life impacted through our mission.  

So, as we prepare to move to consolidated, freshly redecorated space in the East Wing of our building, we go in a quest for Your greater glory.  As You filled Solomon's temple with Your glory at its dedication, fill us, fill our offices, fill our classrooms.  Indwell us with Your greater glory, and grant us peace.

In the Name of the God of Glory,
Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment