Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Perpetual Surrender

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Father,

I heard Dr. Phil Speas repeatedly say that "The trouble with living sacrifices is that they tend to crawl off the altar."

I want to remain yielded to you.  I want to stay on Your altar.

The Hebrew high priest slit the throat of the animal sacrifice at temple, drained the blood into a basin, dressed and washed the sacrifice.  Then, piece by piece, the sacrifice was offered to God upon the perpetually burning flames of the altar. As the life-giving blood was let, the animal's will to resist slipped away.

You don't slit my throat, but You do call me to a cross where I must die to myself.  This spiritual death to self opens me to Your purging flame of Your Holy Spirit to sanctify my heart and life.

But, "The trouble with living sacrifices is that they tend to crawl off the altar."

"God, You pull the strings in my life.  When I put my hands back on my life, You rap my knuckles until I once again surrender to you so that You are in full control of my life and can make me what You want me to be and what I was destined to be"  (Dr. Dennis Kinlaw, This Day with the Master, December 30).

I am Yours.  Any credit or glory from anything good out of my life goes to You.  I refuse to touch the controls, the glory, or doubt Your leadership in my appointed steps.  I choose to obey You as best as I understand Your leadership.  I rest in the assurance of Your Presence.

In the Name of my Lord who demands and accepts my full surrender with purging purity and power,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment