Monday, August 24, 2015

Love Him or Hate Him?

Matthew 10:34-39
34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who
loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it."

Mark 8:38
"For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Luke 12:49-53
49 “I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. 52 For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. 53 Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”

Acts 4:12
"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Dear Jesus,

Your radical Gospel certainly draws a line in the sand.  Your exclusive Messianic claims leave no doubt as to the choices that face me.

Either You are the Savior of the World or You are a fraud and an imposter.

Either You are the Son of God or the son of Satan.

Either You are the "Way, the Truth, and the Life," or You are the greatest liar who ever lived.

Either You are the Creator of the World, or You are a fabricator of myths.

What will I do with You?  Will I love You or hate You?

William Barclay writes:  "To this day the fact remains that when a man is brought face to face with Jesus Christ, he must either hate Him or love Him; he must either submit to Him, or desire to destroy Him. No man who realizes what Jesus Christ demands can possibly be neutral. He must either be his lover or His foe." (William Barclay in The Gospel of Matthew, vol. 2, p. 393).

Pilate asked the crowd of Jews at Jesus' trial, “What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?” (Matthew 27:22). 

The question demands an answer!  "What will I do with Jesus?"

I choose to embrace You by faith.  I choose to believe the claims of Your gospel, Your character, Your Divinity, and Your Truth.  On this side of the line I stake my claim.  I take my stand with You.  Grant me courage to embrace all that You are and all that You mean for my life.

In the Name of the Son of God and Savior of the World, Jesus,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment