Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Easy, Peasy

II Corinthians 4:16-18 NKJV
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

Dear God,

I remember asking someone to perform some task.  Their affirmative cliche response was "Easy, Peasy!"  I smile, remembering the whimsical, rhyming response.  

Sometimes, I think that the trials and adversity of my calling and faith journey would almost overwhelm me.  I find myself whining, complaining, and begging for deliverance from my difficulties.  In Your patient, tender, loving way, You seek to realign my perceptions with a deep sense of Your truth.

Thank You for not indulging my every whine.  Thank You for Your Divine intention to work the character of Your Son Jesus Christ into my life.  Thank You for entrusting me with the gift of adversity in a quest to shape Christlike holiness in me.  Thank You for investing Your Holy Spirit in me with a goal of fitting me for eternity with You in heaven.  

Along, the journey, You have appointed intervals.  Some intervals are for rest.   Others are intended for work.  Some stops are for me.  Other stops are for others.  Keep me encouraged on the journey, even if I cannot understand the point of the stop or delay.  

I often look at my adversity as overwhelming.  But the Apostle Paul saw his season of suffering as a gift from You, a "light affliction," preparing him to experience the "eternal weight of glory."  Focus my vision so that I see the unseen and eternal with the eye of faith.  

I have to admit, adversity never seems "Easy, Peasy."  Adversity hurts.  Adversity causes me to tremble.  Adversity stimulates fight or flight.  Help me not to run from the battle field of faith, rather, help me to stand and endure.  Help me to fight the fight of faith, even in the face of adversity.  By Your grace, I will not lost heart.  I fix my eyes on You and the eternal prize.  

"Easy, Peasy," or not, I choose to walk in faith with You, my Lord and my God,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment