Thursday, August 13, 2015

God is Thinking about Me!

Jeremiah 29:10-14
10 For thus says the Lord: After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.

My Father in Heaven,

The knowledge that You are thinking about me today is comforting, inspiring, uplifting, and encouraging.  Thank You for directing Your thoughts toward me.

The Hebrews felt isolated, rejected, and forsaken in their Babylonian captivity.  However, even before the city of Jerusalem had been conquered by Necuchadnezzar's military, before the city walls had been breached or the temple destroyed, You were promising Your chosen people Your thoughts! Your thoughts imagined a future, an inspiring hope, repatriation of a remnant, restoration to a homeland, remembering the covenant, and resurrecting hope for a Hebrew Messiah.  Such thoughts seemed a remote possibility at best to an enslaved people.  But You gave a promise, and You keep Your promises.

Lord God, I claim Your promise for my life today.  The battle is hard, stressful, and challenging, but You promise that You are thinking about me!  Oh, how I need Your thoughts to be directed into my life, my problems, my concerns.  I am fighting a fight of faith and obedience, claiming victory through the power of the Name and shed blood of Your Son, Jesus Christ.  The proclamation of Your revealed Word that You are thinking about me offers the comfort and strength that I need today.  

So, I will obey Your mandate for me:  call on You, pray to You, and seek You.  Your prescribed progression of passionate intercession is exactly what I need.  I am obeying You in earnest prayer. As I call, pray, and seek, hear my cry!  You promise to listen, to be found, to break every chain, and to restore me to Your prepared place.  You know exactly how to fulfill each of these promises in my life.  I subscribe to Your prescription.  Show me Your answers to my prayers.

I love You.  I worship You.  I need You.

I am Your child, and I pray in Your Name, Abba Father,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment