Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Fresh In-filling



For the past two months I have been aware of a heart need, and hungering for a fresh in-filling of God's Holy Spirit in my life. I have had no conviction of sin or disobedience, only a hunger for the Holy Spirit's fresh in-filling. Throughout my journey of prayer, reading Scripture, and reading books on prayer, I have been asking God for a fresh baptism of holy love. This morning He came. It was sweet. It was emotional. It was precious.

At the close of the service at Camp Sychar, I held back from going to the altar. Just then, Matthew David Grissom, Bob and Sylvia's adopted and developmentally challenged son, hooked his right arm through my left and led me to the steps beyond the altar to pray. He led me there to experience a fresh flood of glory in my soul. Matthew's sensitivity to the Spirit and his leading me to the place of prayer, was just what I needed for God to witness to my heart with a fresh in-filling of Himself.

I am excited to preach tonight. I know it will be with a fresh sense of power and blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment