Wednesday, September 16, 2015

In the Spirit

Revelation 1:10
"I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, 'I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last...'"

Dear Lord,

I want to live in the realm of the Holy Spirit's Presence.  I want to know You. I want to live with an awareness of Your nearness.  I want to feel Your slightest nudge.  I want to hear Your softest whisper.  I want to sense Your approval.  I want to live in the Spirit.

Saint John was in the Spirit on the prison island of Patmos!  This hostile rock pile became a place of Your Presence. 

I live in a world that is unfriendly to grace.  The hostile presence of spiritual powers, leaders in high positions, and entertainment media attack every value that the Holy Spirit embraces.  Nevertheless, I choose to live in the Spirit.

"No matter where a man is, no matter how hard his life, no matter what a man is passing through, he may still be in the Spirit.  And, if he is in the Spirit, even on Patmos, the glory and the message of God will come to him.  There is no situation in life in which the Spirit cannot speak to us, and, when the Spirit does speak, we know the glory of God, even on Patmos" (William Barclay in The Revelation of John, vol. 2, 1959, p. 55).

Fill me with Yourself for today's task.   Empower me in and through the fullness of Your Holy Spirit.  Fill me now.  I wait before You.

In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment