Sunday, March 15, 2015

Love Slave

Matthew 6:24, Exodus 21:1-6, Romans 6:15-23

My loving Lord,

My rebellious path of ruin put me Hell bent on self-destruction.  I called it pleasure.  You called it sin.  I called it freedom.  You called it bondage.  Sin’s voracious appetite demanded more–more intense pleasures to reach an earlier high.  Louder.  Longer.  Repetition.  But pleasure was elusive. I was always searching for more.  Bondage.  Slavery.

You broke through the despair.  Conviction.  Repentance.  Deliverance.  Freedom.  You have conquered my heart!  You have won my devotion.  You have persisted over my resistance until You have regenerated my life from my brokenness.  Thank You.  I enjoy freedom through You!

You continue to peel away my fingers that squeeze control over hidden demands to self-sovereignty. You demand my all.  You demand my claim to myself–my own rights.  You must be Lord of me. You insist that I be full-time in Your service.  You give no days off, no vacation time; but simply ask me to belong to You.

You dig deep into my pockets and insist that my money belongs to You.  My property, my pleasure, my family, my relationships, and my identity–all Yours.  You insist upon defining me based solely upon my relationship to You.  Earthly demographic categories are suspended between us. Categories based upon my own beliefs, attitudes, and values are suspended as You teach me Truth that transcends all of my notions.  I am no longer my own.  I am Yours.  I am more important to You than the categories culture imposes upon me.  You love me simply for the sake of me, and desire Your absolute best for my life.

I am staggered by Your love.  You have knocked me off-balance.  I don’t know what to do with this kind of unconditional valuing that You place upon me.  My only resort is to respond in kind.  I surrender to Your love.  You have won my heart.  I am abandoned to Your Lordship.

No longer a slave to sin.  I said, “Jesus, come in.”
You saved my soul and You made me whole–No longer a slave to sin.
You asked me to be Your love slave.  My all to You I then gave.
Surrender complete.  Your Presence is sweet.  I’ll be a love slave to You.  

Your breath is blowing upon me, filling, cleansing, and empowering.  Your Holy Spirit has invaded my heart.  I am Your love slave.

Thank You, Master,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment