Monday, September 12, 2016

Pray for Your Friends

Ephesians 6:18-20 "... praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for friends who pray for us. Paul asked his friends at Ephesus to pray for him. As he reached the climax of his letter to the Ephesians, Paul exhorted them to arm themselves with the whole armor of God. After he had delineated the belt, the breastplate, the shoes, the shield, the helmet, and the sword, he called the Ephesians to prayer. Paul's exhortation for prayer concluded by asking the Ephesians to pray for him, their leader, to be bold and courageous as he suffered, stood, and spoke for Christ.

One recent Sunday, a dear friend sent me an email. "I was praying for you this morning during our service; I was convicted of a thought I wanted to share with you. Your board may have chosen you as the leader but it was God who called you to that ministry and has prepared you for a long time to accomplish the task set before you. And because He prepared and called you He will watch over you, protect you, guide you and bless you, His chosen servant. You are blessed and are a blessing to your community at Wesley Biblical."

That prayer from my friend sent a bolt of fresh courage and enthusiasm through my soul. I needed that. I felt the boost, the encouragement, the propulsion of the Holy Spirit moving in my heart. I am blessed by friends and family who pray for me.

Then I remembered that You pray for me.

  • "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth." (John 17:15-17). 
  • "The Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning which cannot be uttered." (Romans 8:26). 
  • "Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us." (Romans 8:34). 
  • "Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them." (Hebrews 7:25). 
Thank You for being a Friend who prays for us. You never forget to pray. You never fail in faith. I need Your prayers to the Father. I depend upon Your intercession for me. I love You. I need You. I thank You that You hear and answer my prayers and the prayers of Your people.

In the Name of Jesus Christ, our Intercessor,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment