Sunday, May 15, 2016

Pleasing the Father

John 5:30  "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."

Heavenly Father,

Your Son, Jesus Christ, expressed His passion to seek to do your will.  I share that passion.    I don't pretend to be as good as Jesus.  I don't imagine myself to be more than I am.  I don't suppose that I have any extraordinary access to You that transcends another seeking heart, but I do want to do Your will.  

If I know my heart, and the witness of Your Holy Spirit, I am walking in obedience to Your Holy Word, based upon the light of Your revelation to my own heart.  I sense Your presence near.  When I get out of line, I sense the check of the Holy Spirit leading me back to the center of Your holy highway.  

I love You.  I want to live for You, please You, and be consumed with knowing and doing Your will.  

Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me a new life in Your Son, Jesus Christ.  Thank You for the Holy Spirit coming to live in me.  Thank You for loving me enough to see potential in me to do Your will today.

Like Jesus, I can do nothing apart from You.  I earnestly seek to know and do Your will today.  Thank You for seeking my heart.  Thank You that You want to show me Your will more than I even want to know it.  Now, give me sense enough to understand You.

In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment