Thursday, October 8, 2015

Surrounded by Glory!

Revelation 7:9-17 NKJV
"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:
“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
Amen.”
13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”
14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”
So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. 16 They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

Dear Heavenly Father,

The thought of meeting Father, Son, and Holy Spirit face to face in heaven is more than I can ponder. The wonder of Divine Person with Personality engaging with a human face to face is overwhelming. I will need a glorified body to endure such wonder, splendor and glory.  I cannot imagine such.  But I can wonder!

Then, there are the throngs of faithful who came out of great tribulation testifying to Your holiness. They find their suffering rewarded by serving in Your Presence.  Shouts of glory, chants of praise, and unending worship of the Lamb--Jesus Christ--the scarred and sinless sacrifice, echo throughout the throne room of heaven.  But look again!  You have welcomed suffering saints and martyrs from every nation!

William Barclay observed, "Here, indeed is a revolution. In the earthly Temple in Jerusalem no Gentile could enter in beyond the Court of the Gentiles. To have passed beyond its barrier would have been to become liable to death, and there were inscriptions on the barrier saying that this was so. An Israelite could enter further into the Temple; he could pass through the Court of the Women and enter into the Court of the Israelites, but beyond that not even an Israelite could go. Beyond that was the Court of the Priests, and into that court no layman might enter; that court was for priests and for priests alone. but in the heavenly temple there is no question of Jews and Gentiles; the way to the presence of God is open to people of every tongue and every race." (The Revelation of John, vol. 2, 1959, pp. 42-43).
Might I be considered worthy of such suffering so as to be awarded a Lamb-laundered robe and dwell in the shadows of Your Glory!  If such is the reward of the faithful, expose me to tribulation; only grant me the grace of Your abiding Presence that I might endure for Your Namesake.

I am awestruck with wonder at the thought that You, the Creator of the Universe, would love me, and welcome me into Your throne room through prayer right now.  The wonder of Your blinding Glory captivates me.  Thank You for the blood of the Lamb that washes me clean.  Spread the covering of Your Glory over me and thrust me back into my sphere of influence--forever marked by the time You have spent with me.

Shepherd me, lead, wipe away my tears.

I worship You, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment