Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Christ of Christmas

Christ for sickness, Christ for health, 
Christ for poverty, Christ for wealth, 
Christ for joy, Christ for sorrow, 
Christ today and Christ tomorrow; 
Christ my Life, and Christ my Light, 
Christ for morning, noon and night, 
Christ when all around gives way, 
Christ my everlasting Stay; 
Christ my Rest, and Christ my Food, 
Christ above my highest good, 
Christ my Well-beloved Friend, 
Christ my Pleasure without end; 
Christ my Savior, Christ my Lord, 
Christ my Portion, Christ my God, 
Christ my Shepherd, I His sheep, 
Christ Himself my soul to keep; 
Christ my Leader, Christ my Peace, 
Christ hath wrought my soul's release, 
Christ my Righteousness divine, 
Christ for me, for He is mine; 
Christ my Wisdom, Christ my Meat, 
Christ restores my wandering feet, 
Christ my Advocate and Priest, 
Christ who ne'er forgets the least; 
Christ my Teacher, Christ my Guide, 
Christ my Rock, in Christ I hide, 
Christ the Ever-living Bread, 
Christ His precious Blood hath shed; 
Christ hath brought me nigh to God, 
Christ the everlasting Word .
Christ my Master, Christ my Head, 
Christ who for my sins hath bled; 
Christ my Glory, Christ my Crown, 
Christ the Plant of great renown, 
Christ my Comforter on high, 
Christ my Hope, draws ever nigh. 

Source Unknown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment